5 Tips To Naturally Increase MetabolismGymPaws
A cardio or weight lifting workout is great for burning fat and can naturally increase your metabolism. However the time you spend in the gym is only a small part of the equation. Here are 5 tips to help you rev up your metabolism. Everyone knows that after a strong weight training session, a 4-mile run, or rollerblading during your afternoon is going to pump up your metabolism. But how can you keep your metabolism cranked up all day long? In laymen’s terms, your metabolism is simply a chemical process in your cells that produces energy needed for every day life. The tips listed below can help you kick start your metabolism and promote an overall better body composition.
5 Tips To Naturally Increase Metabolism
- The number one way to effectively up your metabolism is to put on and maintain lean muscle mass. Your muscles are made up of active tissues that require require fuel which in turn it uses to build mass. If you have more blobs of fat in your body than you do muscle mass, you will remain a blob. Even the best workout gloves or most intense weight lifting training routine won’t help you reach your goals if you don’t understand body composition. How do you gain muscle mass? By weight training of course! Whether your goal is to lose weight or lose bad vibes, weight lifting makes it happen.
2. Consume protein, especially for breakfast! Listen to those kids; trix is for them, not you. Eating cereals, waffles, donuts or any other sugar-carb based food at breakfast is quite possibly the worst thing you can do. You will immediately spike and crash your blood sugar, which is an effective way to pause your metabolism from working properly throughout your day. Instead, consume a breakfast high in protein such as eggs and Greek yogurt. Proteins require a lot of energy to break down and digest which helps keep you full longer and keeps your metabolism going strong.
3. Water, water, water and more water. Every cell in your body relies on water for hydration and properly delivery of nutrients. There is possibly no better way to naturally increase metabolism than by chuggin that good ole H20. Without being hydrated by water, you cannot efficiently get all the nutrients from the foods you consume. Aim for 2-3 liters (minimum) of water a day to keep your body functioning properly.
4. Consume whole foods instead of genetically modified garbage. The act of breaking down nutrients requires energy and burns a lot of calories. Whole foods take more energy to break down then processed foods. Choose power foods like fish, lean meats, vegetables and fruits to utilize your bodies natural caloric burning process.
5. Get in your head to get out of your head. A sound mind body connection can literally change your life, but changing how you view life. ANY stress, whether physical or mental causes our brain to produce Cortisol which naturally effects metabolism negatively. Cortisol almost halts the muscle building process and tends to make your body hold onto fat.