Romanian Deadlift with BarbellGymPaws
Exercise Video Demo: The Romanian Deadlift with Barbell is one of the best butt exercises you can do. Before you start adding deadlifts of any variation to your routine, you may want to review your form. While deadlifts are a great lower body exercise working your hamstrings, calves, and glutes, they also require great core stability and lower back strength.
How To Do The Romanian Deadlift With Barbell
1. With the barbell resting on the floor in front of you, position yourself squarely behind the bar with your feet about shoulder width apart.
2. Wearing a pair of lifting grips or even weight lifting straps is a good idea. It will help ensure that your grip doesn’t slip and weight lifting straps can help stablize your wrist while lifting. Remember to keep your core engaged as you begin to perform the movement and maintain a slight bend in your knees.
3. Bend down to grab the weight allowing it to follow the line of your shin as you come to your full standing position.
Tips for Romanian Deadlifts
– Remember to breathe. This may sound odd for a weightlifting tip but proper breathing will allow you to keep a slow and steady movement while keeping your core engaged. It will also help you to not overly strain yourself.
– Keep your back and arms straight throughout the entire range of motion. Unlike with squats, your knees for the romanian deadlift should have a slight bend in them. You’re using your hips versus the knees.
7119 W Sunset Blvd, #752 Los Angeles, CA, 90046 USA
email@example.com • 888-826-8033