Thumb Exercises for a Better Text LifeChristopher
Are you one of the people at the gym who’s glued to their phones? Just as annoying as the people who use their gym time as social hour – are the people that seem to be texting more than working out! There’s no point in scolding you or telling you that it’s distracting you from getting the most out of your workout, so I may as well offer some advice to help you be more efficient. These Thumb Exercises may just help you have a better text life!
Thumb Exercises Routine
You’re probably reading this article via your phone so I’m going to assume you’re already warmed up. Let’s get right into it!
1. Run your index finger down the length of your thumb – while resisting the force with your thumb. Release your index finger and hold the thumb position for 3 seconds. Relax.
2. Repeat 5 times on each hand.
Thumb Adduction and Abduction: Similar to how you’d work inner and outer thighs.
1. Keep your abs tight and breath regularly. Move your thumb away from the index finger and back again. Feel the burn.
2. Repeat 10 reps on each hand. Relax. Get a drink of water if you need to.
1. Rest the side of your hand on a flat surface. Slowly raise your thumb up as far as you can and then bring it back down towards the middle of your palm.
2. Complete 10 reps on each hand without resting in between!
You’re probably working up quite a sweat about now, but you’re still not done with your thumb exercises! Grab some water, focus, and let’s continue…
Palm Creasing: This is more of an advanced move. If you’re new to texting or thumb exercises you’ll want to advance to this move after you’ve mastered the basic exercises.
1. With your hand held out in front of you, slowly cup your palm as if you’re trying to pinch a quarter. Hold for 5 seconds and release.
2. Shoot for 10 reps on each hand.
As with any workout at the gym, you’re not finished until you allow your muscles to relax and recover. Before you jump back on your phone and start texting again, I suggest you clap your hands together for about 30-60 seconds to loosen up.
Of course you know that before starting any new exercise routine you should consult your physician. A healthy text life at any age is important! With a little determination and consistency, this routine should have you performing better than you ever thought possible!