Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich RecipeChristopher
One of my all time favorite quick lunches is the Tarragon Chicken Salad Wrap from Trader Joe’s. However at 35 grams of fat for one wrap, it’s definitely not something that should do on the “healthy” menu. I decided to see if I could duplicate it and come up with a healthier Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe. This is so good and super easy to make!
Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
2 or 3 Cooked or Grilled Chicken Breasts
1 Stick of Celery
1/4 cup of Chopped Yellow Onion
Handful of Red Seedless Grapes
Handful of Cashews or Almonds
6oz Container of Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Tarragon (dried or fresh)
Parsley (dried or fresh)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla Wrap
1. This is a great recipe for left over chicken breasts. I had a couple from the grill this past weekend. Just cut to small cube sizes and toss in a bowl. Chop up the onion, celery, grapes and cashews and toss them in too.
2. Mix in the container of yogurt. This is just the small regular size container, but you may not need all of it. You just want enough to hold the mixture together.
3. I add about a little more than one tablespoon of dried Tarragon. What gives this recipe it’s unique flavor is the Tarragon and nut flavor combo. If you’re using fresh tarragon you’ll have to experiment with the amount.
4. Add about 2 teaspoons of the parsley flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve in a whole wheat wrap, pita bread or sandwich roll. Refrigerate what’s left!
Total prep time for this Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe was about 15 minutes and that’s mainly the time it takes to chop everything up.
I was able to successfully duplicate the flavors and textures of the Trader Joe’s Tarragon Chicken Wrap while virtually eliminating the 35 grams of fat! You’re gonna love this!
7119 W Sunset Blvd, #752 Los Angeles, CA, 90046 USA
firstname.lastname@example.org • 888-826-8033