High Protein Lunch Ideas – Cod Sandwich RecipeGymPaws
High protein lunch ideas need to be easy to make and easy to take on the go! This is one of my favorite sandwich recipes and fish is one of the best proteins you can choose! If you want a great recipe to build muscle or help you shed a few pounds, adding fish to your diet is a great option. This Cod Sandwich Recipe is not only easy to prepare, but it’s easy on the budget and super delicious!
Cod is definitely a cheaper option than most fish however it also tends to lack the flavor that its higher priced counterparts like Salmon can offer. It doesn’t take much effort in the kitchen to make this recipe and it will likely become one of your “go to” high protein recipes!
High Protein Lunch Ideas – Cod Sandwich Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
Four 3-ounce Cod Medallions
About 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 Egg and a bit of milk
1 cup Panko Crumbs
1 tsp Seafood Seasoning
about 1/8 Cup Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat the oil in a saute pan.
2. Cut the Cod medallions on diagonally (also called cutting on bias for you more advanced chefs)
3. Whisk together the egg and a bit of milk to make an egg wash. Combine the Seafood Seasoning and flour in a shallow bowl.
4. Lightly coat the cod pieces in the flour mixture. Tap off excess and then dip in your egg wash. Follow by coating in Panko Crumbs.
5. Cook the fish in your preheated oil for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
6. Remove from pan and rest on a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Build your sandwich by grabbing one of your favorite rolls (Kaiser rolls are great with this), spread a bit of tarter sauce on the bun, some shredded lettuce and thinly sliced pickles. Each sandwich uses 2 cod medallions.
If you want to make this low carb, skip the rolls and use leaf lettuce as your “sandwich bun”. You can also make a super fast low fat Tarter Sauce by combining low fat or non fat mayo with pickle relish.