Exercise Video Demo: The next video in our Training for Pull Ups 101 series shows you how to do the Reverse Cable Fly ( Low to High ) using the Freemotion® Cable Machine. You can also do this exercise with a standard cable machine set up if your gym doesn't have a Freemotion® machine.
Reverse Cable Fly Exercise - Low To High
- Set either cable pulley slightly higher than shoulder height, and attach a handle to each cable. Get your gloves for pull ups on, and you're ready to start.
- Grab each handle with the opposite hand. Pull the handles out until your arms are fully extended directly in front of you and pull your shoulder blades back and down. This is your starting position.
- Pull your arms out to your sides in a slight downward motion (this is the "low" part of the exercise). Create an arc like motion raising your hands above your head in a slow and controlled movement. ( this is the "high" part of the exercise.) 4. Lower back down and return to starting position with your arms extended in front of you.
Tips for Reverse Cable Fly Low To High
- Keep your abs tight at all times.
- Opt for a light weight on the weight stack. This is a very small muscle group your focusing on. More weight can lead to injury.
- If you're unfamiliar with cable machine exercises, it's best to work with your Personal Trainer to learn proper form.
- Do not use fast jerking motions. If you find yourself "tugging" to much, that means you're using too much weight. This should be a very slow and controlled movement.