Spicy and Smoky Sweet Potato French FriesWhat You'll Need -3 garnet yams or sweet potatoes -2 tsp smoked paprika -2 tsp brown sugar -1 tsp salt -1/2 tsp ground cumin -1/4 tsp cayenne pepper -3 tbsp olive oil How To:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel the yams and cut into ½ inch long strips. In a bowl, mix together the salt, sugar, spices along with the oil and then toss the yams into the bowl covering the yams with the mixture.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake between 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and let them cool on the pan for a few minutes. Transfer the fries to wax paper on a second pan and shove them into the freezer until they are frozen.
- Up your temperature on your oven to about 450 degrees in the meantime. When the fries are about frozen, spread them out evenly again in a single layer and bake until they are golden brown and crispy (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and set on a plate and serve immediately with your favorite ketchup.