Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu RecipeChristopher
This Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe is probably one of my all time favorite chicken recipes! If you’re into working out, you already know that nutrition is just as important as the time you put in at the gym.
Adding healthy proteins to your diet is a sure fire way to get the nutrients you need to build muscle and lose weight. If you’re creative in the kitchen you can definitely find ways to keep healthy eating interesting as well! This is a super easy chicken recipe that will impress!
Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Sliced Deli Ham
Low Fat Swiss Cheese slices
Meat Tenderizer or Hammer
1. Trim off any excess fat from the chicken breasts, wash them off and pat dry. Roll out about 3 feet of plastic wrap on the counter. Place a couple of chicken breasts on it and cover with the other end of the plastic wrap. With the meat tenderizer or hammer pound them out so that each breast is about 1/3 inch thick.
2. Lay the chicken breasts on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
3. Layer on a piece of Swiss Cheese and Ham. Spread a layer of Dijon Mustard on top of that.
4. Roll the chicken breast up, being careful not to squeeze it too tightly or the mustard will ooze out.
5. Secure with a toothpick and sprinkle Panko Crumbs over the top of each.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe – Tips
– If you’re using frozen chicken breasts you may find that the pieces are too small to roll up. In this case just layer them instead of rolling. Once you’ve put the ham, cheese and mustard on, place another flattened out chicken breast on top and secure with a toothpick.
– You can use any type of ham you want. I just by the reguarl deli ham that you’d put on sandwiches. If it’s super thin just use a couple of slices.
– Don’t add any seasoning to these until you try them. The Panko crumbs, ham, cheese, and mustard add plenty of flavor (and salt) to the recipe.
– If you don’t have a meat tenderizer, use a hammer or the edge of a book. Basically anything that will flatten out the chicken breasts will work!
– Serve this with your favorite veggies and a dollop of mustard on the side for dipping.