Shoulder Workout With DumbbellsRodiney Santiago
Workouts can get boring. The number one reason people tend to lose motivation and commitment to their fitness goals is boredom. You already know that the best way to keep your muscles growing is to always be challenging them in different ways. The same strategy can also keep your workouts interesting. Here are 3 exercises you can add to your shoulder workout with dumbbells to mix things up a bit and help you sculpt some boulder shoulders!
The muscles of the shoulder are relatively small, but they are responsible for “operating” one of the most complex joints of the body with the largest range of motion. While building bigger shoulders may be a goal, you must keep in mind that proper form and technique is may be more important with shoulder exercises than those for other muscle groups simply because there is more potential for injury.
Shoulder Workout With Dumbbells
- Wearing your GymPaws® gym gloves, grab a dumbbell in each hand and allow them arms to hang naturally in front of you.
- Begin the exercises by simultaneously raising the dumbbells up to shoulder height. Pause and return back to starting position.
- Don’t allow the weights to “rest” at the bottom of each repetition. Complete 12-15 reps.
- After completing your first set of front shoulder raises, allow your arms to hang naturally at your sides.
- Simultaneously raise each arm out to your side no higher than shoulder height.
- Return to the starting position without allowing the weights to rest between reps.
- The military press shoulder exercise begins by holding the weights at shoulder height using a pronated grip (palms facing away from you).
- Raise each weight straight above your head. Pause and return to starting position. Complete 12-15 reps before resting and continuing on to your second set, beginning with Front Shoulder Raises again.
There’s nothing particularly special about this Shoulder Workout with Dumbbells, and you’re probably performed each of these exercises before. The key for this shoulder workout is that you’re working with lighter weights and higher repetitions without rest between sets. You will definitely be able to get a great shoulder workout in a short period of time. If you’re more advanced and already using heavier weights for your shoulder workout this is a great routine to add at the end of your workout for a burn.
Rodiney Santiago is wearing “The V02 Max Gym Glove” by GymPaws®
Filmed at the super sexy http://www.mansionfitness.com/ in West Hollywood, CA