Smith Machine Squat – Frank’s Booty BlastFrank Mentier
Exercise Video Demo: Pretty much any Personal Trainer would agree that your workout routine isn’t complete if you’re not incorporating some sort of squats. While they’re considered a lower body exercise, Squats actually engage other key muscle groups as well, which makes them a powerhouse for burning calories. If you’re looking for the best butt exercises to give you a butt you can bounce quarters off of… you need to start with the basic squat! The Smith Machine Squat is a great variation if you’re new to squats or you just want to perfect your form. That’s why I chose this exercise as the first one to show you for my “Frank’s Booty Blast” series.
Frank’s Booty Blast ♫ It’s All About That Bass ♫
Strong powerful legs and butt are key to a well developed physique. Whether your goal is to add muscle or to lean out, you can’t neglect training the lower body. Most ladies like training the booty to look good in a swimsuit on the beach, little black dress, or sexy pair of jeans. Guys may have more lofty goals like building thighs that could crack walnuts. Regardless if you’re a guy or a girl, everyone wants to look as good leaving the room as they do coming in!
The glutes, quads and hamstrings are some of my favorite muscle groups to workout personally, so I thought I’d put together a series of best butt exercises, that I call “Franks Booty Blast.”
Smith Machine Squat
1. Rack the Smith Machine so that the bar is just below shoulder height.
2. Without moving the weight, get under the bar and rest it at your upper back just below your neck. Grab the bar with both hands and walk your feet back until they’re under the shoulders and at or slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
3. Pop you booty out and back for the starting position. Raise yourself up and release the bar from the rack.
4. Lead with your butt and execute the movement by lowering yourself down until your thighs are at least parallel with the floor and return to the starting position.
Tips for doing Squats on The Smith Machine
– Keep your abs tight at all times. Squats are great at training the core muscles as well because they stabilize the upper body throughout the movement.
– Remember to lead with your booty! Pretend there’s an imaginary rope that’s pulling your butt back as you begin the exercise.
– The lower the squat, the higher you work the glutes. (Remember to try not to let your knees go over your toes)